ABOUT GO-AFRICA INITIATIVE CAMEROON
Created with a vision to transform lives and promote growth in Cameroon and Africa at large, Go-Africa Initiative Cameroon (GAICAM) is a national, non-governmental, and not-for-profit, Social Transformative Organization whose vision has touched the lives of thousands of young Cameroonians, and ultimately those of other nationalities, with over 7 years of experience working with young people within the ages of 10 to 35 ; working in line with the United Nations Global Compact; transforming lives and promoting economic growth in Cameroon and beyond.
The main focus of GAICAM is on youth capacity building and empowerment in the domain of entrepreneurship, Leadership, and peace building; serving as a pavement for young people to become proactive, innovative, creative, flexible, productive, industrious and resourceful to their communities, while creating jobs for the unemployed youths. Our existence is in response to the increase in youth socio- political and economic challenges faced through unemployment, poverty, social injustice and discrimination and political exclusion which all hinder the development process.
Cameroon has one of the most vibrant youthful populations in Central Africa, and very endowed with lots of natural resources. The glorious and promised land of Cameroon has lots of hidden, undeveloped and unexploited resources because most Cameroonian youths lack better platforms to prepare them to be more self-reliant and to pursue self-empowering ventures. Our approach is focused on designing programs and projects which seek to provide innovative solutions to these problems, empowering the youths with sustainable skills so they could fully engage in the transformation of their communities, while promoting sustainable peace and development.
GAICAM seeks to create safe spaces that provide youths with opportunities to explore their full potentials, and engage effectively in community development. We promote youth empowerment and participation in peace building; preventing violent extremism and promote sustainable peace and development. GAICAM has been working tirelessly in empowering young people so they can live their aspirations and be useful to their communities through the GAICAM Annual Leadership & Entrepreneurial Fellowship, Active Citizens clubs, professional seminars, workshops, conferences, Business Coaching and others, all geared towards transforming the mindsets and capacities of these youths so they can discover their hidden and unexploited treasures. These programs enable these young people to dare and create business ventures that will serve as a springboard to the country’s emergence.
We understand and recognize the need to help young people to think beyond the confines of their survival and certificates. We believe that every strong and vibrant nation in modern history has been built by visionaries whose patriotic hearts drove them to think beyond the confines of their very own survival. These are the type of people GAICAM trains in Cameroon and beyond, so they can impact the economy of their communities, Cameroon, and Africa at large.
OUR SHARED VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
GAICAM develop its action plan on the basis of its mission, vision and values, which are enshrined in its founding legal status. Every initiative implemented by the GAICAM must be assessed beforehand based on their contribution the organization’s mission, their adherence to the vision, and their respect of the core values, which lay the bedrock of our commitment.
To transform the lives and promote growth in Cameroon and Africa at large, with focused on youth capacity building and empowerment in the domain of entrepreneurship, Leadership, and peace building; serving as a pavement for young people to become proactive, innovative, creative, flexible, productive, industrious and resourceful to their communities, while creating jobs and reducing crime wave.
To create safe spaces that provide youths with opportunities to explore their full potentials, and engage effectively in community development. We promote youth empowerment and participation in peace building; preventing violent extremism and promote sustainable peace and development.
Our ethical framework are grounded in the following values: Commitment, Solidarity, Tolerance, Honesty and Accountability
OUR GLOBAL FRAMEWORK
GAICAM is working in line with the United Nation Global Compact, promoting the following Sustainable Development Goals; 1, 4, 5, 8, 16, and 17.
- Our Programmes and projects are carefully designed to fight against extreme poverty and hunger (Goal 1: No poverty)
- Our programmes strive to provide inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all (Goal 4: Provide Quality Education)
- We strive to make our programmes gender-equitable, right from the planning stages, empowering all women and girls (Goal 5: Gender equality).
- Our programmes strive to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent wok for all (Goal 8: Decent Work & Economic Growth).
- Our programmes and activities promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development; enhancing participation in peace building; preventing violent extremism and promoting sustainable peace and development in different communities (Goal 16: Guarantee Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions)
- Our work is carried out in partnership with local, national and international organizations (Goal 17: Partnership).
GAICAM is equally partnering with the international community to promote the global agenda; promoting the United Nations Millennium Development Goal 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8.
- Our Programmes and projects are carefully designed to fight against extreme poverty and hunger (Goal 1: to eradicate extreme poverty and hunger)
- Our activities constantly promote gender equality and the empowerment og women and the girl child (Goal 3: promote gender equality and empower women)
- We work in closed collaboration with local partners to ensure environmental sustainability (Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability).
- We constantly sought and collaborate with global partners in the pursued of our objectives. (Goal 8: develop a global partnership for development)
We have as a preoccupation;
- To inspire, motivate, and empower youths with necessary sustainable skills that would enable them become innovative and visible change makers in their communities, become self-reliant, and create jobs for others. Helping them gainfully improve on their communication and creative skills, as well as their positive personality traits.
- To train and develop pace setters and true ambassadors of peace and development; young and vibrant transformative leaders who will engage directly in the development of their respective communities and cause a transformative change in the lives of their community duelers.
- To build bridges between potential entrepreneurs and investors, helping startup entrepreneurs, source for seed capital for their sustainable business ideas through the GAICAM Business Support (GBS) services; while enabling them create and sustain new businesses.
- To significantly promote the spirit of patriotism and awaken national consciousness amongst youths, improving on their economic potentials through our Active Citizens Clubs, Peace Projects, and Radio Programs.
- To promote women’s economic empowerment, gender equality and the education of the girl child; empowering them with Knowledge, skills and the competencies needed to enable them take meaningful decisions and continue to improve on their lots.
With the commitment to meet up with our target goals and objectives, we do continuously carryout the following activities:
- We organize academic, motivational, and capacity building forums for youths in different towns and communities to gainfully debate their role in the sustainable development of their country, and on how they can discover and enhance their talents, creativity, and the much needed skills to help them live their dreams.
- We organize special professional training programs in areas such as Leadership, Entrepreneurship, business sustainability, sales mobilization, career planning, job readiness skills, talent discovery, mindset development, and many more, via our Professional Skills Acquisition Centre.
- We organize GAICAM Annual Leadership & Entrepreneurial Fellowship as an effort to invest in the next generation of Cameroonian & African leaders, as well as potential entrepreneurs who will serve as pavements to the growth we seek.
- Through GBS Services, we help startups source seed capital for their business ideas, while helping to reduce the windup rate of credible business ideas because of lack of seed capital to launch those ideas into full business ventures.
- Through our Women Empowerment program, we periodically and annually organize Women Empowerment Conferences, Single Conference, seminars and others, all geared towards promoting women’s economic empowerment, gender equality and the education of the girl child; empowering the women with Knowledge, skills and the competencies needed to enable them take meaningful decisions and continue to improve on their lots.
- Through the GAICAM Children’s Foundation, we annually visit different communities to identify children not schooling because of financial constraints, but who are willing to school if their school needs are met. In such cases we can provide them with full scholarships to study and better their lives like others.
- Through our school clubs and other empowerment activities indifferent communities, we continuously promote and create awareness on general issues that affect and impair the future young girls such as forceful and early marriages, HIV AIDS, female mutilation, as well as providing training programs that seek to empower them with skills necessary to build a sustainable life.
- The GAICAM Professional Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and others, all geared towards youth sustainable skills development has influenced the creation, and as well sustain the existence of over 221 businesses; while directly and indirectly impacting the lives of more than 8500 young Cameroonians.
- The GAICAM Annual Fellowships has for the past 4 editions, trained 168 young leaders and entrepreneurs from across the 10 regions in Cameroon, with 52 startups businesses created, while creating more jobs opportunities, and reducing youth unemployment. It has equally trained many young leaders, with 32 of them leading great initiatives, and one serving GAICAM as a top administrator.
- The GAICAM Active Citizens Clubs of both the University of Buea and the Higher Institute of Management Studies has for the past years trained and physical impacted over 700 young Cameroonians and ultimately those of other nationalities via the club’s activities.
- The GAICAM Annual Children Christmas Parties, has for the past four editions impacted and put smiles on the faces of over 4000 children, especially the orphans and needy children; encouraging them on how co-exist and share with others.
- The GAICAMAnnual Women Empowerment programs have for the past years touched and impacted the lives of over 500 young girls and women, helping them stretch out on their potentials. We have a particular commitment to see that women and young girls are living their dreams through our skills empowerment programs. We are committed to promoting women’s economic potentials, so they can meaningfully contribute to the sustainability of their families, decisions and policy making, as well as improve on their lots.
- The National Business and Entrepreneurial Summit has so far impact more than 70 startups and businesses, improving their productivity and boosting their revenue streams, while creating employment opportunities for the youths, and promoting sustainable peace and development.
- The Cameroon Heroes; the GAICAM Impact Award has significantly spur up lots of initiatives across the national frontiers, encouraging participation to national growth, while promoting the spirit of patriotism among Cameroonians, and creating more job opportunities, reducing employment and crime waves in our communities. The award has recognized and appreciated the works 106 nominees for their contribution to nation growth and development, and awarded 30 trophies to winners for their outstanding contributions to national growth.
- The No-Student Left Behind Educational Project has since the year 2014, impacted the lives of over 15,000 students in both the North West & South West regions of Cameroon via our school visits and academic oriented programs. In line with the project goals, we have visited over 100 secondary schools of both day and evening sessions in the North West & South West Regions of Cameroon, counseling and helping students on a range of issues.
- The GAICAM Local & International Internship Placement opportunities have for the past 3 years received and work with 87 volunteers and 67 interns. However, it should be noted that volunteerism or internship placement opportunities at GAICAM are unpaid and it is therefore intended to allow volunteers and interns to gain skills and practical knowledge.
OUR INDEPENDENT PROJECT
TENSO: TENSO is an initiative of Go-Africa Initiative Cameroon (GAICAM). TENSO is an advanced Business support program, established to serve as reference training, mentoring, funding, and monitoring institution, while equally providing businesses with skilled personnel who can help drive their growth. It offers an opportunity for young people who seek to convert their ideas into visible businesses, to receive tailored training to help them drive their course, as well as help businesses effectively manage their scarce resources, while boosting their productivity and enhancing their growth potential.
Our program is aimed at building sustainable and scalable startups in Cameroon by training and providing seed funding to new and existing businesses, as well as mentor and provide them with skilled personnel. We equally help business provide them with efficient management of personnel and resources, aimed at providing them with a visible growth path, so they can serve as pavements for youth employment and economic booster in Cameroon, CEMAC region and Africa at large.
Our goal is to create at least ten thousand direct jobs in the next ten years, while we contribute in boosting the Cameroon, CEMAC and African economy at large. The TENSO program is built using on an amplified model, consisting of training, mentorship, meet-ups, forums, funding, monitoring, evaluation, and alumni; good enough to scale any business idea.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Recommend our work to a Donor/Sponsor.
- Donate/Support our work financially or material wise.
- Become our Partner.
- Volunteer with us.
- Become our Patron or Ambassador.