THE TURNING POINT- GAICAM 2019
Life is full of challenges which sometimes lead to success or failure. The TURNING POINT is a unique platform which helps to turn setbacks into successes. On Saturday 13th April, 26th May, and 6th July, 2019, GAICAM organized its monthly empowerment program titled “The Turning Point.” which brought together a total of 118 Business persons, Entrepreneurs, job seekers, and others from different social backgrounds to share ideas on business strategies and other social aspects of life; connecting and networking with others. The three separate training sessions took place in Yaoundé – Cameroon, with lot of impact created, and with the following preoccupations;
- To educate participants on how to idealize their startup vision and start a business with little or no capital.
- To discuss and share strategies on how to turn ideas into visible ventures.
- To help participants develop emotional intelligence relating to starting and managing their businesses.
- To enable entrepreneurs, corporate administrators and job applicants to network sustainably.
- To help participants navigate business challenges and turn their setbacks to success stories.
- To help startups turn their setbacks into success stories.
Besides training and sharing on the above objectives, the training equally shared opportunities with participants, training them on building a positive mindset for success, the art of public speaking and how they can develop and maintain a professional network.
Each of the sessions was chaired by the Executive Director of GAICAM, and co-facilitated by experts and collaborators, invited by the organization in each session. Each session was programmed for 4hours, punctuated with presentations, debates, group work and refreshment.
Attending each of the training sessions help provide participants with a common platform to share ideas and help pave their way to think out of the box, see beyond the confines of their survival and live their aspirations.
For more information and insight on the TURNING POINT- GAICAM 2019, read the complete annual report HERE