THE APPLICATION FORM FOR THE 5TH EDITION OF THE GAICAM INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURIAL FELLOWSHIP – 2020
The GAICAM Annual Leadership & Entrepreneurial Fellowship has gained international recognition. It is now an international Fellowship, refereed to as “GAICAM International Leadership & Entrepreneurial Fellowship. Click HERE to read the full declaration communique.
In accordance with our 2020 plan of action, we are pleased to inform the general public that the application exercise for the 5th edition of the GAICAM International Leadership and Entrepreneurial Fellowship for 2020 is now open to both national and international participants of ages 18 to 35 who are interested in taking part in this year’s edition of the fellowship.
The 2020 edition of the fellowship shall be bringing together 100 dynamic, innovative, and aspiring leaders & entrepreneurs, young community leaders & University student leaders, young graduates & university students with passion in Leadership & Entrepreneurship from across Cameroon and other nationalities for 10 days intensive Leadership and Entrepreneurial fellowship training with the goal of raising the next generation of serial entrepreneurs, ethical/transformational leaders who will Live a life of Legacy. The Fellowship shall equally focus on promoting and enhancing the exchange of ideas and cultural interactions between the North-South and the South-South.
This year’s edition of the Fellowship is organized under the theme “The role of Young Leaders and Entrepreneurs in Promoting Sustainable Development and Peace-building; Living a life of Legacy” designed to run from the 9th – 18th of August, 2020, in Yaounde – Cameroon.
GAICAM Annual Leadership and Entrepreneurial Fellowship (GALEF), now referred to as the GAICAM International Leadership & Entrepreneurial Fellowship (GAILEF), is an annual flagship program of Go-Africa Initiative Cameroon (GAICAM) which brings together aspiring Leaders and potential Entrepreneurs from across Cameroon and from other parts of the world to orient and train them on sustainable Leadership and Entrepreneurial skills for today’s complex digital environment. This program offers an excellent platform to strengthen leadership capabilities of young leaders and challenge them to kick start entrepreneurial and leadership activities, so they can contribute massively to the economic, social and environmental development of their communities. This initiative is expected to create new businesses and spur economic growth, promoting good governance and enhance peace and security across Cameroon, Africa and the world at large.
- Aged between 18 – 35 years.
- Resident in Cameroon, or willing and able to travel to Cameroon for the time being of the fellowship.
- Willing and able to commit to the fellowship training regulations.
- Ready to work collectively and cooperatively with others from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Should be able to understand and speak English
- An active online presence on the social media.
- Possess strong communication skills.
2020 Fellowship Important Facts
- The official Fellowship activism language shall be English
- More young women shall be given a priority to participate in the fellowship.
- The Fellowship shall for the first time be open to others from across the globe.
- All admitted candidates shall be hosted and fed by GAICAM and Partners.
- All admitted applicants from host country – Cameroon shall register with the sum of 20,000Xaf, while international participants shall register with $100 USD.
- All participants shall go through a 3 months free mentorship and follow up activism after fellowship.
- All participants shall for the first time learn hands-on-skills during fellowship.
- All applicants shall go through an interview process before being selected.
Who can attend?
- Aspirants & young practicing entrepreneurs
- Young community leaders & University student leaders
- Young graduates & university students with passion in Leadership & Entrepreneurship
- 1st application Opens: 3rd February, 2020.
- 1st application deadline: 28th March, 2020.
- INTERVIEW of applicants: 6th – 11th April, 2020.
- Publication of the first list of selected candidates: 17th April, 2020.
- 2nd application Opens: 27th April, 2020.
- 2nd application deadline: 19th June, 2020.
- INTERVIEW of applicants: 29th June – 4th July, 2020.
- Publication of the second list of selected candidates: 10th July, 2020.
- Fellow’s arrival date: 9th August, 2020.
- Start of Fellowship: 10th August, 2020.
- End of Fellowship: 17th August, 2020.
- Fellow’s departure date: 18th August, 2020.
NB: If you encounter any difficulty, please call/WhatsApp our head office via (+237) 678 895 757