A Call for Expression of Interest as Mentors for the GAICAM International Fellowship
We are currently recruiting VOLUNTEER MENTORS for the mentorship of the 2020 batch of the GAICAM International Fellowship. This is a special 6 months mentorship window, designed to allow Mentors groom and facilitate the implementation of mentee’s projects and business ideas, after the first phase of the Fellowship.
This call for mentors is in line with the objectives of the 2020 edition of the Fellowship, which is due to run from 10th – 21st August, 2020 in Yaoundé – Cameroon, under the theme “The Role of Young Leaders and Entrepreneurs in Promoting Sustainable Development, Peace-building and the Fight against the Invisible Enemy- COVID-19.
The mentorship window is slated to begin in September 2020, and end in February 2021. Each selected mentor will choose a preferred communication medium to communicate with Mentees; with at least 2 mentees per mentor. In order to build a meaningful relationship with mentees, as well as meet established goals, mentors will be required to communicate with their mentee(s) weekly, biweekly or monthly, using preferred communication channels and forward their remarks to GAICAM. As such, we encourage mentors and mentees to work together in creating goals, measure progress, and plan for the future.
WHO CAN BECOME A MENTOR?
To be a mentor with the GAICAM International Fellowship program, we will need to;
- Have at least 3 years of experience in your field of specialty.
- Be willing to share experience and provide guidance and support to fellows.
- Be ready to give in at least one hour/week of your time to mentor the fellows.
BENEFITS OF BEING A MENTOR
- You obtain personal satisfaction for contributing in helping young community leaders and entrepreneurs live aspirations.
- The mentorship window will equally improve on your professional and personal growth.
- You will be honored with a certificate of participation from GAICAM, which can help you across the globe.
- You stand the chance of receiving an award for the best mentor for the program.
- GAICAM will be ready to endorse/recommend you when the need arise. Etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested mentors are required to complete an online registration form, from which their selection will be based. What an incredible opportunity to contributing to the aspirations of our African Youths. If you are interested in becoming a Mentor to assist in building the Africa we want, join us today.
For more information contact Tel: (+237) 678 895 757/ 675 595 656