Take charge of your 2018, and don’t be limited by what others think of you. How far you can go in this year 2018 is only a function of your thought and not others tell you of yourself. I see you getting to that desire destination of yours, but that won’t come by chance; you have to work for it.
Have you taken time off to plan for this year? Have you set your goals and scale your way through the year? If you haven’t done so yet, find time and do it. Many people don’t fail in life because they don’t have what it takes to succeed, many fail because they don’t take time to plan their way. They just do things in a disorganized manner, and expect a better result. They work, earn, spend and a lot more with no guide. They earn a lot of money, but you don’t see what they do with it. Planning and goals setting is necessary in every walk of life. No matter what you do, you need to know where you are heading to and how you intend to get there.
We just begun the race for 2018 and everybody is excited about the New Year. It would interest you to know that many would get too excited and forget to ask themselves what they really want to achieve for this year. If you don’t know exactly what you want, you will never really know if what you will end up having, equal what you supposed get. The race have begun, and those with a path to follow will end up victorious, while others who started the same race on a good footing with no vision or plan will be regretting the outcome of a year which began so well.
The beginning of a thing is always important. Find time to look into this unfolding year and set the right parameters for the year. The following should guide you in setting the right goals and planning your strategies for the year 2018:
1) Look back into the year 2017 and ask yourself these questions:
- What were your achievements in 2017?
- What were your major setbacks?
- What are your major regrets?
- What did you do that I couldn’t have?
- What were you supposed do that I didn’t & why didn’t you?
- If you had the opportunity to turn things around, what would you wished different?
2) Look into the current year 2018 and ask yourself these following questions:
- What do you really want to achieve for this year?
- When do you want to have that achieved?
- What do you need to have that done?
- What do you have at your disposal at the moment?
- What more do you need to add to what you have to get that done?
- Who do you need in your network to facilitate these goals?
My dear friend, this review and more will help set you on tract for this year. I tell you my friend, this is a great year for you, take the advantage and plan for your future. Everybody is made of more including you. Believe in your potentials and work hard for your dreams. Don’t allow others tell you what you can and what you can’t do because that’s not true. I wish you the best of 2018.
Executive Director – GAICAM